January 5, 2017

Less is More

For those of you that know me.... you know that very rarely do we spend a day at home doing NOTHING. Usually we have a busy schedule with lots of fun things planned. Today is our last day home with No Obligations.... Originally we were going to take the kids SKIING this week, but we just don't need to. I had also planned a Science Centre outing and possibly Zoo lights... instead we played LEGO.

Christmas season this year was so fun- we were with some form of family everyday, however by the New Years Day we all needed a break.

Usually on the days we do nothing I tend to get antsy near the late afternoon. BUT today is our third day IN A ROW of staying home.

Oh how lovely it has been.

Justin and the kids played LEGO for almost 2 full days.  They have decided to build all of our LEGO sets and store them in sets for now on. As you can imagine this is taking quite a lot of time, finding all the pieces!! Justin stayed up one night till midnight cause no one was up to "help"! He has also played Lacrosse in the house with Barker as often as he wants.

I head finished a book a started another. Made buns and Cinnamon buns. Justin and I put Christmas away.

Kalia has not joined in the family LEGO building but been on the Ipad for days.... and I just don't care. There has been no snarky attitude from that corner.... its been nice.

The three youngest have LOVED the attention from Daddy doing LEGO.




After these 3 lovely days of just being home one on one, I think our Family 2017 Goals is going to be
LESS IS MORE

No comments: