January 11, 2017

2017 FHE Goals


I made cookies Monday afternoon for the kids after school snack. I find so much Joy in doing these little things for my kids... Mothering is my greatest calling. I wouldn't change it for the world.


For Family Home Evening tonight we talked about goals and why we set them. Kalia and Annaliesse seemed to follow along, Barker and Remy just happy to be there.


For our Activity we made GOAL posters for their rooms. We talked about Spiritual Goals and how they draw us closer to our Heavenly Father. We used old friends and cut out pictures that show what they want to accomplish this year.


Annaliesse had a hard time doing this project- we thought her and Kalia could work independently, but she needed help too. Sometimes she does NOT appreciate that Barker and Remy are younger and therefore get more help.. she misses the days when she we did everything for her.


We picked up the poster board after school and after the girls were done their home reading... it was torture for Kalia to wait and find out what they were for.


Homemade treat was cookies and milk. Barker wasn't super impressed with the treat but he lived.



1 comment:

It's the Hardy's said...

Great idea! Your posters look awesome. I wonder if my older teenagers would be up for this activity??
Happy New Year!