November 16, 2015

Remy at the Dentist

Lots went on Friday.

The first part of the day, was not rainbows and butterflies. Remy went into the Pediatric Dentist to get her front tooth decay taken care of. 

She hates the dentist. Our first trip into the dentist, to get referred to this specialist was a nightmare. She would not even let the dentist get close to her, she was screaming like a maniac before we even got in the back. The dentist had me sit in the chair and hold her, so I did and Remy was terrified. I pried open her mouth to the show the dentist the tooth that has been bothering her, and that was the end of it. I could hardly even do that! So she referred us into the Pediatric Dentist in Calgary, I was prepared for this, after doing it with Barker. 

So her appointment was Friday morning.
At this dentists office the front is all kid friendly and she had a great time in the waiting room. We ended up waiting for 40 minutes but she spent the time playing and showing off for the room full of parents waiting. Then when they called us back, I picked her up and when we walked in, she saw the dentist chair, and that was it. Crying and clinging to me. 

The picture below is us RIGHT before they took us back.



To make matters worse, the little girl in before us, was doing her own share of sobbing. Anyways the dentist was fantastic. I held Remy with her legs straddling me and the dentist and I sat knee to knee. He leaned her back and held her head and mouth while I pinned her hands and talked to her.
She screamed and cried the entire time, we did it in to two mini sessions. The first time looking at her mouth and deciding what to do. Then a snuggle from mom and her soother for 10 minutes then another session fixing her tooth decay.
Her lungs work really really well.
I was so grateful for the kind and patience Dentist. We chatted over Remys screams and he would rub her cheek when he could (he was working on her mouth) and it wasn't a horrible experience. Not pleasant by any means but not horrible. 



No comments: