Our Family Home Evening the last Monday in November was on Gifts we can give Jesus this season. We looked up scriptures to see what he would like to receive from us.
It was painful. The girls are still learning how to look up scriptures. Its painful to watch and help and the 2 little ones could care less about the task.
I am sure FHE will at some point flow a bit easier. I know it isn't going to be anytime soon so until then hopefully the spirit can be a bit louder at our house then he normally is?!
After our Lesson we gave the kids Christmas Pillow Cases I made this week. They turned out darling and I see another fun thing for the kids to look forward to when we decorate for Christmas. Also, this is when Justin told us that he had special Christmas Pillowcases when he was a kid, too. I never knew this, and Justin acted like everyone does this... are we the only family to not have done this until now??!!
Anyway late Band Wagon jumpers I guess :) OR how I prefer to think of it. Great minds think alike. (Mom Moxley and Me)
I started sewing them Saturday and finished them Monday morning. Funny thing, when I was finishing them Monday morning Remy saw the Reindeer fabric (the one she is holding) and she was so excited. She kept stroking the fabric and going "Ohhhh!" and "Ahhh" she fell in love. Kept pointing at different Reindeer and yelling at me to look and acknowledge her new found love.
Obviously that was now going to be her Pillowcase. As I was handing them out, Kalia really wanted the one Remy had already claimed but she was ok with the other Reindeer fabric. But then Barker was mad about the snowmen he had gotten. Kalia traded Barker, because she is kind like that. Annaliesse grabbed the blue snowmen just as happy as a clam. Barker loves his pillow and thinks its hilarious that Rudolph is hiding his nose in his pillow. Remy still pets her pillow when she goes down for a nap. Annaliesse is happy with hers and Kalia, the sweetheart, she is OK with her snowmen.
Knowing this, check the last picture in the post, check their faces.. Their feelings show plain as day on their beautiful faces.


No comments:
Post a Comment