July 8, 2011

Pintrest inspired Fire Pit

Are you addicted to Pintrest yet??
I am.

In fact, Saturday June 25 I found my Justin's next project.

Hear me out.
Last Summer Justin brought home some bricks (another random thing he picked up) his plan was to build a patio. Well I wasn't really on board with this patio idea, so we never really found the time to get it done. 
Then, I saw this photo, thought of those bricks plus a weekend with a backyard BBQ coming up plus the FUNNESS of having a fire Pit... and VOLA we decided to get 'er done.

First- fix the area Justin had prepared last summer and pour Concrete Pad for Fire Pit


Second- weed paper and sand











































Third- Brick laying





Forth- Compacting


Fiveth- Fire pit

Now we need a cooler day to try out our pit!! The patio sure was a beautiful setting for our massive BBQ on Sunday.

2 comments:

Jennifer Schindler Yanos said...

So fun, and it looks lovely! Our family adores our fire pit it's a real gathering place. Hope you enjoy yours!

The Wolff Den said...

What a handy dandy man you have, and I love your patio area, it looks fabulous!