Way back, when I am Momma Hear me Roar was new Cheri did her sons room.
She did this fabulous blueprint on his wall, and I have had it bookmarked ever since.
I have been waiting for the right photo to do in the girls room, and in Utah this March I got a AMAZING shot of my ladies!
As soon as I saw how well the photo turned out, I knew exactly what to do with it!
First up- staples. I got a 3foot x 4foot blueprint, for $8.46 I ordered it in Calgary to get shipped to Okotoks for pick up, somehow it got lost, so Huge Thank you to Steven in Okotoks staples who tracked down my lost blueprint!
Then over to Home Depot- another Huge Thank you to NATE for cutting my board to the exact size, and shout out to the other three gentlemen who stood around and razzed him the whole time.
And great job to K who sat like that all the way home (25 mins), she pushed her feet up against the wood so it wouldn't rest on Brother!
No pain no gain sweetheart!
Then the fun part! Mom and Uncle Mark helped too! Mom helped me glue it straight on the wood and Uncle Mark kept my over excited children out of the way!
Ta DA!! Isn't it BEAUTIFUL?!?!
Now I originally didn't want to put it there, but it was too big for the other spot. The girls room is rather small so it was hard to get a good shot of it in the room. Let me assure you- it looks PHENOMENAL!
I UBER love this, in fact, I am thinking a family shot to be hung in our room next.
NOW word to the wise: IF you want to do it here is what I would do over next time.
- Make the board slightly smaller then the print. Then I would have folded the edges over to make it look more like a canvas.
- When you glue it onto the board, make sure the stamp on the board is on the back side!!
- We screwed it into the studs, ( Mark actually, thanks little bro) but maybe for my room I will see if I can hang it. Reason for screwing into the wall- it is RIGHT about K's head… for no reason was that going to fall off… so we screwed!
So What do you think?



3 comments:
It's beautiful. I love it.
You've got guts to just try things like that.
Awesome results.
that is fabulous and I love it!!
Love it! You may have to help make one for myself
Post a Comment