Last Friday night Justin and I went to a Calgary Flames game. I had never been to a NHL game, or even a hockey game. We were a little on the late side, and my husband refuses to pay for parking, likes the fresh air so we walked. and walked. and walked. and walked. 20 mins later we arrive. As we were walking through the crowd, I am getting more and more apprehensive. I am not a big crowds person, I am not a fan of walking so close in a big group of people, where strange people are so close they are TOUCHING me. EEEWWW. GROSS. AWKWARD.

So we finally make it to our seats, GREAT seats by the way- Thanks Dad! The game is going along rather nicely, and then it got really exciting. The Calgary Flames won 5-3 and there were like 4 fights and lots of checking! It was fast and exhilarating. I did make Justin nervous when I would jump up BEFORE the puck would go in, consequently frustrating the couple behind us, not just once but numerous times. It. was. fun.

Then the hockey game came to a end, and the crowd, that I thought was already big, grew to ginormous size. People so close, right behind me, beside me, and around me. I told Justin under NO circumstances was he to let go of my hand. After 3 hours of walking we made it back to the van and had a relaxing drive home, stopping to get Wendy's and then hoovering our supper.
*Have you ever been to a game, do you KNOW how expensive the food is? We were starving, but not hungry enough to pay 18$ for a burger. NOPE. never gonna happen.
So we finally make it to our seats, GREAT seats by the way- Thanks Dad! The game is going along rather nicely, and then it got really exciting. The Calgary Flames won 5-3 and there were like 4 fights and lots of checking! It was fast and exhilarating. I did make Justin nervous when I would jump up BEFORE the puck would go in, consequently frustrating the couple behind us, not just once but numerous times. It. was. fun.
Then the hockey game came to a end, and the crowd, that I thought was already big, grew to ginormous size. People so close, right behind me, beside me, and around me. I told Justin under NO circumstances was he to let go of my hand. After 3 hours of walking we made it back to the van and had a relaxing drive home, stopping to get Wendy's and then hoovering our supper.
*Have you ever been to a game, do you KNOW how expensive the food is? We were starving, but not hungry enough to pay 18$ for a burger. NOPE. never gonna happen.
Good times, fun date.
3 comments:
The food at games is so expensive. I've never been to a hockey game. My husband and my son went and loved it. I'm not much of a crowd person either. They really liked it. I've only been to a basketball game. that was a lot of fun.
We liked going to the hockey games except for the smelly drunk people who spill their beer near you. We normally would never buy anything either. Sometimes Jay would splurg and get nacho but the cost is still ridiculous. WE don't pay for parking either. It must be a Moxley thing!!!
i just laughed my butt off!!
Post a Comment