Kalia and Annaliesse have been looking forward to the Grade 6 Band Showcase for months.
They remember last year when Kalia was in Grade 5, watching the Grade 6 demo and dream of the day she would soon be in band. Being able to be there for her sister was just too exciting. Barker and Remy got in on the excitement as Kalia chatted about it nonstop with them for days.
Kalia has done well this year in Band, learning the trumpet and even playing the tympani for a few songs! She is wanting to change interments for Grade 7 but she's going to further her trumpet skills for a bit longer I think.
In High River the rule is ALL Grade 6 must take band, so the Grade 6 band is massive- the trumpet section alone is almost big enough to be its own band!
Grandpa was able to stop by her performance for a minute and all 4 kids were happy to see him- its one thing for Mommy to be there- but Grandpa was the star observer.
After school, I took the kids into Okotoks for a few errands- as I have been using every second of alone time sewing. In return for good behaviour we got slurrpies for on the way. But by the time we got to Walmart Remy was freezing- Kalia helped her little sister out by stuffing her into her hoodie with her! HAHAHA
It didn't last long, as Remy was hard to hold that way- so Kalia gave her her sweater to wear.
I love the special relationships siblings have.
This evening for YW we were missing so many girls the activity I planned was not going to work.
So we joined the YM and did archery! None of my beehives had done it- and my one older had done it once. It was fun watching them learning something new and a few being pretty good at.





No comments:
Post a Comment