April 7, 2011

Window Art

I posted about this project a couple months ago, and yesterday afternoon we gave it a go.

The girls ripped, glued, got frustrated and laughed for a hour! When we started, they got overly excited just ripping the tissue paper. If we stopped there, they would have been happy.

It was funny watching the work in progress, A whined about getting glue on her hands- typical. K just wanted to cover the window in glue- with out adding tissue paper.

A little story for you about our little 2 year old- the white blond one.
 This child is VERY particular about her looks. Every morning she tells me how to do her hair, shows me repeatedly until I go insane, and the outfit must be up to her standard. Today for example: she was wearing Minnie Mouse Pajamas, and she was furious that I told her she had to get dressed. She jabbered/fought with me about it for 15 mins, until I compromised and showed her her Mickey Shirt play shirt -even though we went out that morning- I gave in and let her wear it out of the house- AND THEN when I pulled it over her head she screamed at me and grabbed her hair- yelling at me that I had wreaked her hair!!! Oh she is a character!


Like I said, the girls worked on it for about a hour, then wanted to play outside. So we finished up what we had ripped and put it away for later. K is thinking she will finish the "whole big window" tomorrow.. depends, maybe, we'll see.

No comments: