April 10, 2011

Growth

Life has be altered.... again.
And all too soon, more changes are in the wind.

Let me start by saying- I was just getting into a FLOW. I was getting Comfortable, with Mommy-hood, finances, church callings, friends, and life in general. But we all know, that when it's time for growth things must change.

Our little family must be ready for some growth- Last couple of weeks, Justin's work truck had some majors issues. We got it fixed- for some BIG BUCKS, got it back on Thursday only to find out- it needs more work. Which of course means more big bucks..... so there went our plan to attend General Conference in Utah and other plans we had for our finances.

Then Last week the Lord explained that we needed to grow even more- Today I was called to be the 2nd Councilor in the Relief Society Presidency. A big change from Activity Day leader, a calling I was sure I was safe in. But I am jumping head first into Relief Society and this calling will be a big change for us. I am really looking forward to serving the sister's in our ward, and getting to know them better. 
We are also growing with our 2 year old- A has been recently going into the "2 year old"stage. She is SO independent and stubborn (some say like her mother) - there are times she drives me bonkers.
Our lesson today in Sunday School was "Who is my Neighbour?" Matthew 18; Luke 10.
 Brother Prince was teaching today, and stopped Justin in the hall and asked to use A as his object lesson. This was fine of course, although Justin wasn't fast enough to catch her and she charged off to Nursery as soon as Sacrament was over. So Justin let her stay for a few minutes and then tried to bring her into Sunday School. Well, she wanted NO part in it. She as madder then a hornet that he took her out of Nursery, and fought Justin with all her might to get back there! Our "sweet little submissive, and patient child example" was not so sweet. 

Brother Prince was great, and had everyone take a quick glance at his "little child" example and then let her off the hook- he then blind sided me with this question "Sister Moxley what are some of A's admirable qualities?"This question took me off guard. I had been thinking/dreading/looking forward to Relief Society next block, I stumbled a bit at first. Then talked about how sweet and caring she it, how she shares and how much she loves and looks up to her sister. Justin told of how she devotes her attention to him and other. Uncle Dale talked about how she is always happy and in a good mood, and Grandma Martin piped in how she is willing to come and visit her- even if it to empty her toy closet.

All afternoon I have been going over those "5 minutes" in my head. Wishing I could go back and take 15 minutes explaining her admirable qualities. From her willingness to learn and her wanting to be like Mommy, to her love of Jesus and the smiles she brings this family. 
 A scripture, I recently read in my studies kept flashing in my head- Mosiah 3:19. And I love this quote that goes along with it.

We still have more growth meeting us soon- only 8 weeks until we welcome another addition to our family!! Maybe, just maybe after this baby we will be able to get into a new groove- with out too much more change...... at least for a while.

1 comment:

Leishman's said...

Congrats on your new calling! You will be awesome! Change definitely can be good!