........................................................
"It is difficult to overstate the importance parents have in teaching their children Celestial traditions through word and example."
"When parents preside of the family in love and righteousness and teach their children the gospel of Jesus Christ by word and through example...the result will be the establishment of a Christ-centered home."
Richard J. Maynes of the Seventy
(April 2011 General Conference, Saturday Afternoon Session)
When I heard this statement in General Conference, it really hit me. I remember having Family Home Evening growing up- and Elder Maynes was 100% right. I have no memory of individual lessons, but I know we had it.
Justin and I do family things all the time, and usually Monday nights we spend time together as a family, and I was just calling it FHE. BUT.... I do know that FHE needs to start and end with Prayer and have a lesson, in order for it to really BE FHE.
So we are striving to start teaching our girls "Celestial traditions through word and example"
Last night we did a lesson on The Living Christ- found on a year of family home evenings.
It went off exactly how I expected- tears, screaming, pouting and a little learning.
I am SUPER excited about Easter coming up, I found another fabulous Idea on blog land, and I cant wait to do a countdown of the Saviors life with them next week! Stay tuned for my Friday post!
No comments:
Post a Comment