I ordered seven boxes of peaches, 4 boxes of tomatoes and a box of green peppers, red peppers and jalapeno peppers.
I ordered it, 4 weeks ago. Before I sprained my wrist.
I was sitting eating lunch Monday and a loud Knock on the front door. And there was Grandma and Grandpa came up to help bottle peaches! What a fantastic surprise.
It was time to relearn from the masters. Grandma taught my mom, and then my mom taught me, to oven canning. It has worked every time!
They flew through 40 lbs of peaches. 21 bottles in 2 hours. Even with 2 adorable
Oven canning:
Blanch Peaches in boiling water for 1 minute. Peal peaches, cut into slices. Let slices soak in fruit fresh. Then fill hot bottles with peach slices, then the bottle with boiling water. Place your sterilized lids on, put your bottles in a cake pan with half a inch of hot water. Bake in oven at 250 for a hour. Then place hot jars on counter and you will hear them sealing for the next couple hours!
Thanks for doing the peaches Mom and Grandma and Grandpa! Only 5 more boxes peaches and Salsa!





1 comment:
pretty neat! You guys have an amazing extended family- blessings!
Post a Comment