We made it!
Drove all day and made it to Utah!
We left this morning at 6:08am and as we are pulling out of the house Barker says "my tooth hurts".
I turned around and said with emotion... no it does not.
Was I manifesting after the last vacation dental disaster?
Yes. Yes I was.
Justin decided, after much discussion and back and forth, to come with us for the first 4 days. When I decided to take the kids somewhere for a trip he was not interested at all. Kept saying things about "having time to work on the house" and "I will have so much time to get things done." Then I went and bought tickets to a NBA Jazz game. Funny thing is- I bought them, forgot about it, and then mentioned it, weeks later. He was shook. Mostly shook because he has never been to a NBA game- and couldn't believe that I would take them without him! I had to buy 6 tickets so I told him to just come for a few days and then fly home. A week or so before we left- got him a ticket and he came with!! :)
The drive down was uneventful, thankfully.
I read a book that I was enjoying- Nightingale. Kids had devices and Justin drove. Plus all the singing breaks and excited conversations about what we were doing.
We pulled into Salt Lake at 6:30pm and the kids needed out and something to do. So we headed to the Conference Centre and did a tour there. It was really good- the kids did it in 2017 (I think) so they didn't really remember, there was lots to see and lots of walking- which was perfect.
Kalia and Annaliesse really liked the big picture of Jesus- there is a selfie pic here of Kalia and Justin in front of it. I saw a painting titled "Certain Women" that I loved and someday want it hanging in my home.
We ended up eating super late- 8:30pm and there was starting to be some hanger happening in our family. We ate at Cafe Rio, of course, and then headed to Aunt Karens. Unfortunately, their house wasn't quite ready for us- we still stopped by and visited for an hour or so, saw the Airbnb and it looks great... anyways we ended up at a hotel at 10:30pm. By this time the kids were pooped and ready for bed!










No comments:
Post a Comment