Kalia was Tangled. Annaliesse was a butterfly at school and a unicorn for Trick or Treating. Barker was a Lion and Remy was Winnie the Pooh.
Barkers hood of his costume was soooo adorable. But the tassle-like fur would just hang in his face.
You can see the back of Annaliesses unicorn in this photo, she loved it!
Downtown High River had a few stores giving out candy, free hot dogs, a mini haunted house AND another hot air ballon basket!
The kids all got to push the button to make the air flame! The fire truck was there handing out candy too!
Poor Remy had a fever all night before Halloween and all Halloween day. She was so miserable. Mommy went with Daddy and Laura and the kids to 5 houses before I had to head home with Remy.
We started downtown at 5 and came home to do some houses about 5:30. The kids had had enough by 6:30 and came home to eat their spoils!
They got TONS of chips this year and lots of full sized chocolate bars. They had a great time eating and answering the door. In fact, I am pretty sure it was Barkers favorite thing. Running back and forth from the door to dad with the candy bowl.
I did make a costume this year for Annaliesse to wear to school. Actually 3 weeks before Halloween the girls had decided to be Butterflies so I went out and bought the stuff. Then both girls changed their minds. But after playing a couple days in her Unicorn costume Annaliesse thought she might get to hot at her school party in that one. So she asked Mom to make her a butterfly for school.
I tried to cheat and use liquid thread… but it is horrible frustrating stuff. So in the end I hand sewed the whole thing. Oh well she loved it and had a great time at school as a Blue Butterfly.
What a fun week.



No comments:
Post a Comment