How many times have you seen 12+ Hot Air Balloons hanging out in your town?!
It was amazing, the first time we noticed them was Thursday evening during supper. We all jumped up from the table, Daddy and the 3 kids went out on bikes to see them, and Mommy and Grandma watched from the house!
It was so fun! We knew we had to see more, come to find out- Friday evening they were having a evening showcasing some of the balloons! So we all headed over!
It was a chilly evening- first time this season for hats and coats!
I love this age! The kids get so excited over little things. Like sitting in the fire truck and getting free suckers! Of course they were excited for the balloons, but thats no big surprise, we were ALL really excited!
After the fire truck we found Grandma and Grandpa, who had staked out a spot, and watched as they "blew" up the balloons. (Not sure thats the right term, but I don't know the right term!)
They had this Darth Vader Balloon, it was the biggest and the coolest!
They even had a storm trooper, Darth vader and the silth (again not sure about this name) to go with the balloon! I love the pic I snapped as they were getting rushed by fans… Annaliesse looks crazy and Barker is going to town on the free sucker he dropped a dozen times in the grass, but ate it anyways :)
After all the balloons were up, they let the public come in closer. You could feel the warmth of the burners as you walked closer! It was so cool. This one balloon, named Emily, even let kids get IN the basket!
I wish I could explain it better, but take my word it was beautiful, awe inspiring and completely awesome to see!
Excuse the horrible photos, somehow my camera card got pushed into the DVD slot in the computer. So these are iphone photos- forgive me!
















1 comment:
When we were little, we used to see balloons flying all the time over the city. It was amazing every time. I love seeing them. It has been a long time though!!! Just a little green with envy!!! Thanks for sharing though.
Post a Comment