October 18, 2010

Zeus


Remember how Uncle Mark got a puppy in July?

His name is Zeus. He now belongs to the Moxley's.

I realize some of you are reading this in total shock..... but it's true.

Zeus is a German Shepard/ Siberian Husky 6 months old. He will sit, play fetch, shake a paw, speak and is mostly very obedient. He is super happy and will go out of his mind when you pay attention to him. BUT THE BEST THING ABOUT ZEUS. He is a outside dog. 100% of the time.

For those of you who don't know me very well.... I am NOT a dog person. In fact, I usually go out of my way NOT to touch, brush against or COME NEAR a dog. Once not so long ago, we were at a couples party, and a dog come and licked my shin... I threw up a little in my mouth.

Mark recently moved into Calgary to attend Universirty, and was unable to care for Zeus, so he asked my husband (not with-in my ear range) if he would take his dog.

When Justin asked me the first time my answer was simple "NO STINKING WAY"

Justin then pointed out a couple of things.....1. Zeus is a OUTSIDE dog. 2. I love my little Brother and would do anything for him. 3. If I don't want to touch the dog, I don't really have to. 4. If we did not take Zeus we would NEVER get a dog.

I still did not want the dog.

I caved... obviously.

Justin is rather enjoying owning a dog, we have had Zeus for less then 24 hours and Justin has built him a dog house (its not quite done but almost) and is putting the electronic fence in tonight.

My girls love Zeus-eee. K not as much but A will walk right up to Zeus and play fetch with him. Despite the fact that he is larger then her!

Reading back on the post, it has come to my attention that its all about ME. Well!! Ya it is! My children are LITTLE. My husband WORKS. I AM THE ADULT at HOME 24/7. Of course I am going to have to deal with the dog.

Although I have to be honest, when Mark got this dog... I somehow KNEW it was going to become Justin's dog. I KNEW it. I believe in personal revelation.... even when for something you desperately do NOT want to happen.

Wish this family luck.

2 comments:

It's the Hardy's said...

I want to see pictures of the dog house. I heard it was almost as nice as your house......for a dog! Glad its you and not us!

Leishman's said...

You are crazy!! Have fun picking up the poop all over your yard!!